The Mitel User Group (MUG) is very aware of our customer's needs for security and privacy. To that end, the following document describes how we control you and your organizations confidential information.
Please read the following document carefully, and if you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us.
The MUG is the sole owner of the information collected on www.mitelusergroup.org. The MUG collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
Registration: To use this Web site, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which he has expressed interest.
In addition, the membership of any member who becomes ineligible shall be terminated automatically. In exceptional circumstances, such termination may be delayed by the Board of Directors
Discussion Forums: During your use of this Web site, you may wish to participate in our discussion forums by asking questions or responding to other users' questions. Any information you provide within this area may be viewed by other members. It is encouraged that you never provide any sensitive or confidential information in this area.
- Profile: We will store all information that you provide at registration within your member profile.
- MUG membership data is the confidential, proprietary information of MUG. To protect members from solicitation and recruiting, membership data may not be distributed to any person, business or organization without the prior approval of the Board of Directors. MUG will use all appropriate and available measures to protect members from non-MUG related solicitation and recruiting, and to fulfill obligations of confidentiality expressed herein and in the bylaws
- Membership data, in any type of format, may be shared between MUG and Mitel to meet the business needs of MUG and as approved by the Board of Directors
- Recipients of any form of membership data must sign a non-disclosure form that ensures the data will only be used for the specific request and will be kept confidential
- MUG will make every effort to protect and secure member data.
- Mitel Mailings: Mitel may request that MUG send out emails on their behalf. This is done only with Board approval and member data will not be shared.
- Customer Service: We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and regarding issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
- Legal Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
- Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable): We share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Links: This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, MUG, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Security: This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information: If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the on your profile or by emailing our Customer Support.
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.