Virtual MiVB Upgrade

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Business Virtual MiVB Upgrade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

I currently manage 6 rather large MiVBs. Typically when upgrading, I will spin-up a new MiVB then via the MSL interface restore the backup from the running server. This is quick and easy, however the MiVB’s dimension selections have all been modified. When the DB is restored they are at default values. Is there a more efficient way for this to be done?

Derek Curry
    Participant

Hi Kurt. Not trying to hijack your thread but where is this option to restore a backup from a running server? I don’t see it in the Server Manager or the MSL console.

I have several sites running 9.0 on VMware that I have to upgrade soon. I was hoping to spin-up a new MiVB with newer software.

Mitel’s documentation isn’t all that clear on how to restore from a running server.

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

Derek,

When you spin up a new vMiVB the first time you run the software from the console (putty) the first prompt you will get is Do you want to restore from a backup. You then will put in a valid IP for the new VM and the the IP for the VM you are pulling the backup from. The software will then load the DB from the existing server and shut it down when it is complete. Very easy process.

Bruce McLean
    Participant

you must enable that option when you are building the new server restore from a backup. make sure to run the pre-migration check first if you are upgrading to ver 9.0, keep in mind the change of the IP address for the /server-manager (MSL)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.