Virtual MiCollab deployment with vSphere 6.7

Home Forums Collaboration Solutions Mitel Collaboration Solutions Virtual MiCollab deployment with vSphere 6.7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard Ott
    Participant

I have a customer that has VMware vSphere 6.7 environment and they want to deploy MiCollab 8.1 in that environment.
    Is anyone running MiCollab in vSpehere 6.7?
    Are problems that anyone is aware off?

Hank Jones
    Participant

Bernhard,
    Currently VMWare 6.7 is slated to be supported in MiCollab 8.1 SP1 towards the latter part of this month. However, it is important to state that the project has NOT locked in content yet. Therefore it is always possible that support for VMWare 6.7 could be moved out.

Also, just to be aware (according to information I have gathered from the Internet): If you’re using vSphere 6.5 Update 2, you can’t upgrade to 6.7 yet. There’s no supported upgrade path between the two hypervisors because update 2 was released after 6.7.
    • This is a VMWare issue not a Mitel Issue

The short answer is that I would defer if possible as currently Mitel is only supporting up to VMware Release 6.5.

Bernhard Ott
    Participant

MiCollab 8.1 SP1 is out now, but when I try to deploy the ova file from any browser it’s failing at 50%.
    VMware site says that the vSphere host has a limitation of not being able to deploy ova files over 1GB in size.
    And the VMware Windows desktop client is discontinued in the 6.7 release.
    HAs anyone else bin able to deploy the MiCollab ova file with vSphere 6.7?

Sander goudswaard
    Participant

We are running MiCollab on vSphere 6.7 (upgraded from 6.5).

What I found out:
    – sometimes deployment only succeeds by first connecting to an ESXi host in your cluster (directly) and then deploying the OVA. You can also do this using the HTML5 UI of the host.
    – Deployment may sometimes succeed with a different browser.
    – The browsers needs to be able to access the ESXi host directly even when using vCenter to deploy the template.

vSphere 6.7 Update 3 has also been released yesterday.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.