Secure VoIP with Standard SIP Terminals

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Office 400 Secure VoIP with Standard SIP Terminals

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joel Bonzon
    Participant

Our partner has a customer using a Mitel 470 with secure VoIP for VIPs. They are using 6800 series phones but also want to encrypt their conference room calls using the UC360 (MiVoice Conference Phone).

I tested and ran into issues. I opened a Team Track ticket and it was determined that the UC360 does not support “Persistent TLS”. According to Team Track, this is required for secure VoIP to work with SIP Terminals and the MiVO 400. GTS said that a function request will be submitted to the UC360 Dev team. As far as I understand, this will be up to the development team whether to implement or not.

I asked GTS for a reference of any 3rd party SIP phone that will work with the MiVo 400 and secure VoIP but was answered with no idea. I tested other 3rd party conference SIP phone, as well as normal 3rd SIP terminal but ran into the same issue as they only have TLS and not Persistent TLS. I have tried to search and could not find any 3rd party conference/sip phone that explicitly states they support “Persistent TLS”. It seems more like a MiVO400 specific standard…

Does Mitel have a SIP conference phone that supports Secure VoIP with the MiVO 400? If not, then what alternatives are there so encryption could also be used with a SIP Conference unit and the MiVo 400?

David Lowenstein
    Participant

We have not yet tested this configuration, so we don’t know for sure that it will work, and it’s not officially supported by Mitel, but we believe that Polycom Conferences devices such as the IP 7000, Trio, etc. support persistent TLS and should work on the MiVO-400. So if you have access to one of these devices or can perhaps get a loaner, you could try it and see. You can also contact us at MSAInfo@mitel.com for information regarding how to request a formal Mitel certification of one of the Polycom devices with the MiVO-400.

David Lowenstein
    Director of Business Development – Mitel Solutions Alliance (MSA)
    David.Lowenstein@mitel.com

Joel Bonzon
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I will see if there is any way we can get our hands on the Polycom devices to test.

BR/Joel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.