Pressing 0 when in Voicemail

Home Forums Business Phones Pressing 0 when in Voicemail

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gerry hollander 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jason Hand
    Participant

When anyone gets a users voicemail and presses 0 to get out, they get a notification: “you are being transferred to the attendant”, which is what we want, but the call gets stuck there and goes nowhere, just dead air.
    Where can i set what Pressing 0 while in voicemail does or goes to?
    We have MiVoice Business version 7.x, latest version of Nupoint within MiCollab server that handles all of our voicemail.
    I’ve looked in call flow for x2500 which is our voicemail extension and it only has 1 option – New call goes to message center, no other options there, thought that’s where i might find options.

I dont’ see a way to add to the call flow either, there’s an edit button, but only options on that menu are delete call flow, delete action, start with template and copy from, thought there would be an add action also, but there isn’t.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Jason Spainhour

In the NuPoint Web Console, under Mailboxes, when you view someone’s mailbox, is there an entry in the “Attendant Extension” field?

Jason Hand
    Participant

yup, that’s what controls it, thanks! that works.

Jason Hand
    Participant

Is there any way to set the same attendant extension for all users that you know of? Or do I need to go through 1 by 1?

Jason Hand
    Participant

Nevermind, found it, select all and edit when showing all extensions. Thanks for your help!

Jason Spainhour

It should be in the templates if you’re using MiCollab, but that only works for new users.

If NuPoint is stand-alone, you’ll need to remember to enter it, or Copy from a known good mailbox when you create new ones.

Gerry hollander
    Participant

Additional question on the attendant. We would like to have the ring back heard when the call is transferred. Right now they get dead air until the attendant number goes into voicemail. Some settings are for an estimated 6 rings and the callers just hang up thinking the call got lost or disconnected.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.