MiVO 400 and Skype Connect?

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Office 400 MiVO 400 and Skype Connect?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joel Bonzon 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joel Bonzon
    Participant

Has anyone integrated MiVo 400 and Skype Connect?

I have tested a SIP Trunk between Office 400 and Skype for Business. Calling between MiVO400 and SfB clients works. Using the public trunk connected to the MiVO 400 for incoming calls to and from the SfB side also worked.
    However, I am not familiar with Skype Connect as well as if there are any specific requirements that may prevent it from working. There are no Mitel platforms listed under certified PBXs with Skype Connect.

BR/Joel

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Joel Bonzon.

Oleg Pushin
    Participant

Hello Joel!

I connected MXONE to Skype Connect, but there was software SBC via Sangoma. Nothing special was made neither from MXONE side (ordinary SIP trunk with Default profile) nor from Sangoma. It was about 3 years ago and used by one of the customer to make calls from Skype to the office, all the calls from this SIP trunk were directed to DISA number with futher DTMF dialing of internal number. So i think that it should work with 400 also.

Joel Bonzon
    Participant

Hi Oleg,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Skype Connect. Do you recall why there was a need for an SBC in between Skype Connect and the MX-ONE as we can do sip trunk locally?

Technically, we also think it should work with the 400 but I am just trying to see if anyone has a working implementation. Again, I appreciate your response.

BR/Joel

Oleg Pushin
    Participant

Hi,

There was a problem with NAT overcoming. I do not remember what exactly. I have some notes left after installation. On SBC sip trunk was configured towards sip.skype.com and customer gave me credentials for account, there was also a kind of admin web tool, skype manager or smth. like that.
    Maybe it will work without SBC in your case.

Joel Bonzon
    Participant

Hi Oleg,
    That makes sense! Thanks for sharing more information!
    BR/Joel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.