Mitel Tech Support

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Business Mitel Tech Support

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pat Cicala 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Brian Townsend
    Participant

Has anyone else experienced the significant drop in Tech Support from Mitel in the last year. I have been with Mitel for 20 years and have never experienced such poor support. I assume that it is a cost cutting measure but I also guarantee that it is a revenue losing measure. I know that it is a total waste of my time to call into Tech support for MiVoice Business or any MiCollab app support. All they do is refer to a manual which I have done prior to calling support. We as a company are very nervous about implementing any new platforms or software because there is now NO support. I look forward to hearing feedback on this. Mitel took a big dive when they implentented the outsourced offshore support.

Tyler Fahrnbruch
    Participant

I’ve experienced beyond subpar support also. As a former Toshiba installation technician trying to learn the ropes of the MiVB it’s a daily struggle. I’ve taken the classes to be able to call into support and when I do call into support I get folks who I just took the class with – what sort of help are they going to be able to provide at that point.

Marcell Galatiano
    Participant

I’m afraid this is also experienced by my Mitel partner: tier 1 support apparently has been passed on to some call center with entirely inexperienced/untrained personnel. Calls into this range from terribly frustrating to the ridiculous.

MITEL USER GROUP BOARD OF DIRECTORS, and MITEL LIASON ATTACHED TO THE USER GROUP BOARD: do something about this! Correct it. This has become a big problem.

Marcell Galatiano

I would like to clear the air on this subject. First of all I completely understand your concerns because I worked at a Mitel partner for 20 years before working at Mitel. The biggest confusion on this matter is the partner community was used to calling into Mitel support and getting tier 2 or 3 level of support right off the bat. When Mitel made the switch to distribution in 2018 it was designed for distribution to handle that tier 1 support level, that is what you are calling into today. They have been getting up to speed to support the Mitel partner community and it will take some time. The biggest item I can offer your is this, if you call into support and the tier 1 support can not resolve the issue they should be escalating you to tier 2 or 3. Again the biggest change in Mitel tech support is that Mitel now has a tier 1 support level that is trying to get up to speed to support the Mitel partner community. Also make sure your Mitel account manager is aware of your concerns so that they can escalate your concerns to the Mitel management as well. Thank you.

Brian Townsend
    Participant

I have tried to be patient with the new Tech Support as it is obvious that they have no experience and no knowledge. After multiple times of being on a call for an hour I ask to be transferred to tier 2 or 3 and they will not do it. I think it is very poor of Mitel to handle a world class product with third world inexperienced tech support. I have heard this complaint from many partners and it is going to cost Mitel.

Tyler Fahrnbruch
    Participant

I’ve also spent many long periods of time spinning circles on the phones. When I’ve pushed for an escalation or to speak with a more knowledgeable person I’m met with ‘They aren’t available to join the call right now’ or I can’t reach them. It’s rough, beyond rough.

Will Binswanger
    Participant

I have definitely noticed the quality in tech support drop by a large margin both in the technical knowledge of those i am speaking with and in their response time. The argument that we now have to deal with a tier 1 group does not make much sense to me. If we are opening tickets with support, we have already been through the classes and in most cases, we handle support for our end users/customers. We ARE tier one support and sometimes tier two and three but have exhausted all our resources by the time we are opening a ticket with Mitel. We then are forced to deal with someone reading from a script and referencing the same documents we have already been through when troubleshooting the problem.

Tyler Fahrnbruch
    Participant

Great summary of what seems to be the norm lately Will.

Pat Cicala
    Participant

I agree- I’ve had tickets closed with no resolution nor escalation. The sad part is that I only open maybe 3-5 tickets over the course of a year. To have 3 out of 5 closed without resolution, well…it’s just unacceptable. I believe that Mitel is completely aware of this shortfall and I hope that they do something about it soon. I just attended Enterprise Connect 2019 and Mitel did have a booth there, but what was missing??? There was not one keynote presented by Mitel. They were overshadowed by Cisco/Webex, Microsoft, Amazon, and many others. What will keep me from switching to one of the 200 competitors??? Mitel must make a drastic industry impact, and soon! If I have to rip and replace for a cloud migration or it will cost me a fortune to get there via a hybrid config, then I may as well invest time and money into moving to a new service provider.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pat Cicala.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.