Micollab Status reverting to available

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Business Micollab Status reverting to available

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Tucker
    Participant

How do you guys deal with Micollab status reverting to available?
    We have been told by our provider that if you enable outlook integration, Micollab will revert your status to available once every 15 hours. We have do main offices at opposite ends of the country. So we rely on Micollab status to be correct. But every night we are seeing status switch from away to available. This is causing issues as when our eastern office comes in, in the morning they see the western office staff as available. Apparently Mitel is aware of this issue but doesn’t consider it to be a big deal.

Eric Laracuente
    Participant

Hi James,

Any details on the version of MiCollab server/client your working with? I know that in versions 7+ you can have server synchronization with Exchange will be used as the source of truth for calendars.

Outlook integration is a nice feature if you don’t have Enterprise services; server sync with exchange (and it does support other email provides like O365 and G-suite) that can help with these kind of issues.

Let us know. Thanks!

James Tucker
    Participant

The MiCollab client is 8.1.210
    The server is 8.1.1.108
    I think that is what the issue is, the server synchronization.
    Our provider said that it checks with exchange once every 15 hours. So when it checks at say 2 in the morning and you don’t have any meetings, it changes your status back to available….even though you should show as away.
    Then it stays at available until you come in in the morning and unlock your computer, or enter a meeting etc.
    So essentially the status is rendered useless.
    If we disable calendar integration the issue goes away, but then we have no calendar integration which is important for us.

Sorry for my ignorance…what is enterprise services?

Eric Laracuente
    Participant

I’m out of the office today, but let me check on that for you, because I believe that the check in times are configurable. I haven’t had that experience in my environment, but we also don’t have the same needs as you do.

I’ll get back to you later this afternoon, unless others chime in first.

James Tucker
    Participant

That would be great, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.