Mediatrix C7 series integration

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Business Mediatrix C7 series integration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Vogel
    Participant

Does anyone have any documentation on how to specifically program FXO ports on a Meditrix C730 for a MiVoice Business platform? Mitel KB has a lot of old, old Mediatrix config guides, but they arent very detailed and are old so the configuration on the Mitel and Meditrixes are pretty different.

David Lowenstein
    Participant

Hi Steve –

In general, the recommended source for this kind of content is the InfoChannel Mitel Solutions Alliance (IC MSA) portal, not the KB. There’s a current certification for the Mitel TA7108 with MiVB 9.1 published on IC MSA, and per the “Software & Hardware Setup” table in the published Configuration Guide (CG# HO974 V2), this certification is also valid for all the Mediatrix devices that share firmware with the TA7108 (including the C-series). If you don’t have access to the IC MSA portal, your Mitel reseller can download and provide you with the CG. All that said, Mitel does not certify the Mediatrix devices for FXO operation. For FXO with MiVB, we recommend that you use the AudioCodes (CG# HO1844 V2) or Adtran (CG# HO2037).

Hope this helps.

Dave Lowenstein

Steve Vogel
    Participant

Thanks David. Yes the Mitel TA models are only FXS capable so that doesnt really do me any good. I did reach out to Mitel and they sent me the Interop guide I already had that showed the supported FXO gateways, Mediatrix being included, but they were all outdated models. So we took a stab and picked the newest Mediatrix C7 since the GUI looked similar. I didnt see the Adtran on the list for Trunkside SIP Gateways. We may need to check out the Audiocodes box, but I have never been impressed with those in the past.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.