Marquee can't be shown on 1 station

Home Forums Contact Center MiContact Center Business Marquee can't be shown on 1 station

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick McDowell 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jason Hand
    Participant

I created a Marquee for our MSR group employees to see how many calls are waiting in queue from their desktop.
    All of our MSR’s can see it fine, one in particular can no longer load the Marquee up.

Error she gets is: “There was an error loading a monitor in the profile. Would you like to continue attempting to load the profile?”

I’ve re copied over the marquee shortcut to her desktop again, i’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client software for her, logged in as admin. I can load that same shortcut from my pc and login as admin and it brings up the marquee info just fine. I opened Yoursite explorer and checked her permissions, they match what the other MSRs have.
    What else can I try or has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

Hi Jason,

That error is usually related to security roles and the agent in question has a device list or other restriction associated that is preventing one of the monitors in the profile from loading. For example, a Queue Now monitor that has devices loaded that the user’s role restricts. (This same issue also was caused by a defect in releases prior to version 5.8)

If you’ve already made sure it isn’t a security role related issue and if it is only affecting one station, it is possible the local CCC cache is the issue (and that would not be removed when you reinstalled CCC).

try this:

Make sure you are logged into the PC as the user having the issue
    Make sure CCC is not running

In windows Explorer, type %Appdata% then press enter.
    Navigate to the pfdscache folder and delete (or move) the CACHE[xxxxx….] files

Restart CCC and login. A new cache will be refreshed from the server. See if the cache refresh takes care of the issue for the user.

Patrick

Jason Hand
    Participant

That error is usually related to security roles and the agent in question has a device list or other restriction associated that is preventing one of the monitors in the profile from loading. For example, a Queue Now monitor that has devices loaded that the user’s role restricts.

Where do I check for that? Pretty new to MICC, i did delete the cache files, they were under C:/programdata folder directly, didn’t work, same error, might be permissions, but not sure where to look to check. thanks.

Jason

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Security roles and device lists are set up in the Enterprise section of YourSite Explorer.

Given that this profile works for you, you most likely have a different security role than the user having the problem. Select the the employee in question in the Devices section of YourSite Explorer and under the General Tab you will see a “Security Role” drop down. The currently selected role will show there. You can then examine that role in detail in the Security Roles section of YSE to see what restrictions may have been applied to the employee.

In particular, in the advanced section of the security role, see if there are any list based restrictions. You may need to remove restrictions, or edit the profile in question on your working system to remove the devices from any of the included monitors that are being restricted by the user’s security role, re-save the profile, and then have the affected user load it.

For additional information on configuring and applying security roles, you can reference the MiCC Installation and Administration guide starting on Page 138 (page reference is for the current version 8.1.4.0 guide) which you can find in your local CCMWeb under the Help > Documentation link.

Patrick

Jason Hand
    Participant

thanks for all the info, but the fix was actually just recreating the marquee itself, once i recreated it, all users were able to load it with no problems. thanks for the help.

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Good to hear you sorted it out. I recommend that you save the marquee profile to disk (File > Save as file) to preserve the working profile. It can be tedious work to build a marquee and having is corrupted / lost can be frustrating. (I speak from experience 🙂 )

Patrick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.