Inbound Multimedia Email Queing

Home Forums Contact Center MiContact Center Business Inbound Multimedia Email Queing

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kurt Bobinger 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

We currently are utilizing an inbound email workflow using the business schedule in conjunction with a holiday schedule. This works good for the most part. After hours and during the holiday schedule, any emails that come into the que are forwarded out to a certain email address that is monitored by the on call staff. The issue that arises, is that when there is an unscheduled early closure, for example the service dept closes at noon on a Friday. The emails that come into the que need to be sent to the other email address. The question I have is, is there a way to configure the que so that if no agent are logged into the email que (via ignite) the email automatically gets forwarded to a different email address. Very similar to a path unavailable scenario in an ACD path in the MiVB. Or can you configure an interflow so that if the email sits in que for a certain amount of time it sens out to an external email.

Another thing it would be great that when the emails get sent out, it will also retain a copy in the que so when the next time an agent logs in that email will be delivered to his/her inbox.

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

A couple things you can do:

a) put a queue condition after your schedule condition to check desintationqueues for agents idle / available, etc

(this is all under the properties of the offer to agent activity in your inqueue workflow):

b) leverage the offer to agent Interval timer – an email will sit in queue until the interval timer expires and then will do whatever you put in the interval branch (ie, transfer to external address)
    c) leverage the offer to agent overflow – this will execute when no agents are logged into the group (so could replace a and b for your stated use case)

For the other issue – preferred agent routing – if an agent handles an email, and if you have preferred routing enabled, the system will attempt to return all customer replies to the original handling agent until the preferred agent offer timer expires and the email is then sent to the general agent group.

All emails do get archived in Elasticsearch so you can view them in Web Ignite history.

Patrick.

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

Do A and B have to be combined? Of can I just put a que condition that says when agents logged in = 0, under the Match Branch transfer to the external email address and if No Match send emails to the que?

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

That is 3 different ways of approaching the solution to the issue, they don;t have to be combined.

The Queue condition will only be able to check for agents idle, unavailable, or available, not if logged in/out. If any of those meet your criteria, then the method you described will work.

Given what you are trying to accomplish, C is the best choice. You don’t need to put any extra logic to check if agents logged out, the system does that for you via the overflow branch in the offer to agent activity. What you will do there is enabled the overflow (under the properties tab) and set a timer – when the timer expires, if there is an email in queue, it will be routed to the overflow branch. By default this is just a goto back to the activity so the email will “loop” in the activity until handled, but you can intercept it in the overflow branch and then transfer to the external email address.

This will accomplish what you are looking for, a way to route emails to your offsite handling location outside of normal business hours, so in the event of a situation that requires all agents to log out, emails go elsewhere. You could also augment this with the Interval timer – send mails offsite if they have been in queue for X time without being answered…to account for the agents that just ran for the door without logging out.

Patrick

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

I do see the overflow icon in the inqueue, however in that workspace in the toolbox there is not a condition (tool) to do a transfer? i do get that option in the inbound email workflow?

Eric Laracuente
    Participant

All great responses Patrick!

I would also add that you can leverage what I call “Overrides” which is manually changing the behavior of the queue by it first consulting a value from a SQL, Excel or any other query from a supported database.

Let me know if you need further details!

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

Thanks Eric – that gets into “fancy” stuff 🙂 I have re-written the email workflow in my lab to leverage database dips for routing based to, from, cc, subject / body keywords, and Queue State (open/DND) and use the chat system as a front end to the SQL db so I don;t have to edit tables or sheets, just need to answer questions the chatbot asks.

Kurt, you’re right, there is no transfer from within the inqueue workflow, you have to use the Interflow Activity. Set it to External Transfer and type in the email address you want the conversation to be sent to.

Have fun!

Patrick.

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

Patrick, This makes sense now! I’m not seeing where the timer is though for the time before a conversations will overflow then route via the interflow?

I think I’m getting closer!

Patrick McDowell
    Participant

Yes, you are close.

Click the header of the offer to agent activity to select that whole activity, go to the properties dialog, remove the check from “Do not allow overflow” put a check in “Overflow when all agents logged out” and optionally set the overflow timer – if you want to give agents a chance to log back in before overflow, set a timer, if you want mails to overflow (and then go into the interflow activity you will be putting in the overflow branch).

Patrick.

Kurt Bobinger
    Participant

Boom! That was the missing piece. Thanks Patrick! I will test tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.