Allow SV to change Agent Skill Level / Use FAC to change skill level

Home Forums Contact Center MiContact Center Business Allow SV to change Agent Skill Level / Use FAC to change skill level

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Warren Lyon 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Laurie Douglas
    Participant

Is it possible (via Feature Access Code, speed dial/autodial, etc.??) to allow a Supervisor or Agent to change a skill level of an agent themselves vs. contacting the System Administrator? We have situations where a Supervisor needs the ability QUICKLY to change Agents to a different Skill Level and we want to give them the ability themselves without having to wait for an admin to do it on the system. If not, how do people get around this?

Warren Lyon
    Participant

Laurie,

I’m not aware of any way to make agent skill changes through a feature access code other than the ability to make the present or not present in the agent group.

We allow certain supervisors to make ACD skill changes in our phone system by granting them restricted access to just those forms in the web interface.

We don’t do it this way, but if you are running the MiContact Center software with the YourSite Explorer application you should be able to create a login for them with access to make the ACD skill changes. This may require additional licensing and YourSite Explorer would need to be configured to write changes back to the phone system.

Warren

Francois Ouimet
    Participant

HI Laurie
    I have the same answer, create a user with only access that form on the PBX, it is very to create and use
    this is the best way

Mitel

Laurie Douglas
    Participant

Thank you for the answers – I appreciate it.

When you say to “create a user with only access to that form on the PBX” are you referring to giving them a login to MiVB? Would that be through an Authorization Profile? I have looked here but am uncertain how to give them access to that ‘form’ only. That would be an awesome solution.

Thank you again!
    Laurie

Warren Lyon
    Participant

Laurie,

That is correct. We are talking about a separate MiVB login created in the User Authorization Profile form. To restrict access to only the ACD agent forms you would create a new admin policy under System Properties\System Administration\Admin Policies. The policy will list all of the forms and what the access level is to that form (Read/Write, Read Only, or No Access). In the new policy, click the “Change All Members” button and you will be able to scroll down the list and select the appropriate access for each form. For our call center supervisors, I have the ACD Agent IDs and ACD Agent Skill Groups forms set to Read/Write and all other forms set to No Access. When they log in with their profile, they only see the two forms listed. Once the new Admin Policy is created, you should be able to select it under the “System Admin Policy Name” drop-down when creating or editing their User Authorization Profile.

Warren

Laurie Douglas
    Participant

Thank you SO much, Warren! I was able to get that setup! This is GREAT!

One more question. Can you take it a step further and only allow certain ACD Agent Skill Groups to be displayed (so the wrong agent doesn’t get changed accidentally)?

I appreciate your time!
    Laurie

Warren Lyon
    Participant

Laurie,

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help!

I don’t believe there is any way to restrict which agent groups are displayed.

Warren

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.