Advanced UM Email Alias Entry

Home Forums Unified Communications MiVoice Business Advanced UM Email Alias Entry

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gerry hollander 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gerry hollander
    Participant

Has anyone been able to find a way to add the Alias into the templates automatically. It already pulls the information from Active Directory and adds it to the User > Authentication Section. If not, Mitel needs to add it to NuPoint > Mailbox > Advanced UM Email Alias. This is a manual entry and if missed causes system issues with delayed email delivery. It should be an auto fill feature. We should be able to Sync it, Save it and Forget it.

The AD function (Integrated Directory Services-IDS) form does not automatically populate an alias email address nor is this populated when an administrator configures new users from the MiCollab. It appears that this must manually be entered for users and I assume it is used when there are multiple Exchange servers that the AD communicates to. The only way I can see of automating this would by submitting formal Design Feature Request and even then I can’t say how popular this would be as it this is the first such request I’ve heard for such a function.

Gerry hollander
    Participant

The IDS does populate the alias of the user from AD under Login. When saved, it populates (autofills) it into User and Services>Authentication Section>Login. It states it right above it, “Login and password policies are managed by the Directory Server”. However it does not populate (autofill) it in the NuPoint. That is where you have to manually input it. Only one Exchange server. We have five schools districts with the same set up MVB/MiCollab in a virtual environment, some Exchange and some Gmail. All have the same issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.