Add Multicall to Phone used in Call Center

Home Forums Contact Center MiContact Center Business Add Multicall to Phone used in Call Center

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Laracuente 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Laurie Douglas
    Participant

When I try to add a 2nd or 3rd multicall button to a phone that also logs into a call center, I receive an error message, “ACDII set cannot be programmed as a line appearance”. These are multi-line phones so having the ability to have 3 multicall/line appearances seems necessary. For example, I’m on a call, I need to transfer or hold the call and then use another line appearance to make another call. That would require 2 to 3 line appearances. I can do it perfectly on a phone that is not logging into a call center. What am I missing? Seems illogical to add two more extensions. Reporting would be a nightmare along with administration. How is this handled on the Mitel systems? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

The programming is working as designed on the MiVoice Business system. When the agent has only one line appearance of the ACD extension they can transfer the call but can not put the caller on hold to make another call. You can only have one appearance of your ACD extension on the phone, if you had multiple appearance of the ACD extension the system would see lines that were available and present additional calls to those keys. In most scenarios the installing technician will program a few appearances of the same fictitious extension number to allow the agent to place the ACD call on hold and call another extension using the fictitious extension. Your installing Mitel partner can assist with this programming challenge, they may have additional work arounds.

Eric Laracuente
    Participant

Hi Laurie,

I concur with Michael but have you tried adding an additional Single Line? In my contact center, I always include 1 or 2 additional single lines which the ACD agents can use to achieve what you are detailing.

Let me know if you need further details.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.